TomTom XXL 540S 5-Inch Widescreen Portable GPS Navigator Review
TomTom XXL 540S 5-Inch Widescreen Portable GPS Navigator is a complete navigation device which features a 5-inch wide touch screen. Preloaded in this device are more than 7 million points of interest (POI).
Navigation is made comfortable with its spoken turn-by-turn instructions which include street names that will guide you to any address in US, Canada and Mexico.
This GPS navigation device features a full- color XXL 5-inch TFT LCD wide touch screen display which helps you find your way when you are on the go.
XXL 540S is preloaded with maps of US, Canada and Mexico and has the most accurate maps. Modification of street names, street directions, road speeds, turn restrictions and POI on your device becomes easy with Tom Tom Map Share technology.
‘Help Me’ menu has been added for easy access to local emergency providers.
7 Million POI
This device is preloaded with more than 7 million points of interest (POI) in over 60 destination categories. You can easily search for restaurants, gas stations, hotels, ATM machines and more when you travel.
You can even find tourist attractions, shopping centers and nightlife spots and directly navigate to it. You can customize your unit by adding your own points of interest.
IQ Routes Technology
This feature provides the fastest route by using actual average speeds of travel on your route rather than only posted speed limits so you always travel the smartest routes.
Heavy traffic, traffic lights, rotaries and even pedestrian can slow you down. The shortest route is not necessarily the fastest route. With IQ Routes, you are always guided to the fastest possible route.
Advanced Lane Guidance
XXL 540S shows you which lane you should take to avoid missing a turn or making dangerous lane crossing through advanced lane guidance. It provides extra clarity in navigating difficult junctions. The lanes to be used are indicated by pulsing green arrow and photorealistic images.
Fold & Go EasyPort Mount
Taking this device from car to car becomes a lot easier with the award-winning Fold & Go EasyPort mount which folds flat against the device so both are small enough to fit into your pocket or purse.
Below are the pros and cons of the TomTom XXL 540S as experienced by its users.
Users’ Positive Comments
- This model has almost twice the screen size which makes data input and POI search easier. It is also brighter and the sound is louder and fuller.
- It provides excellent routing and the map database is huge.
- The turn-buy-turn instruction is very impressive along the way. It even shows water display alongside the highway.
- It is a GPS navigation device that really works at an affordable price.
- The IQ Routes help to avoid local congested streets with lots of traffic lights.Navigation decisions are better with this options.
Users’ Negative Comments
- The battery life has been reduced due to its larger and brighter screen.
- The default color selection of the screen seems cartoonized which makes the device look old but you can customize it to your liking.
- There are plenty of small shops in POI but some big stores are missing.
- This device still doesn’t know what side of the road your destination is located.
5 Stars 53%, 4 Stars 24%, 3 Stars 8%, 2 Stars 8%, 1 Star 7%
Find out more comments and details of the TomTom XXL 540S 5-Inch Widescreen Portable GPS Navigator here.
Bestselling Portable GPS Navigators
Prices are accurate as of April 26, 2017 5:15 pm. Product prices and available are subject to change. Any price and availablility information displayed on Amazon.com at the time of purchase will apply to the purchase of any products.
Certain content that appears on this site comes from Amazon Services LLC. This content is provided 'AS IS' and is subject to change or removal at any time.
Tagged: Car Gps System, featured, gps for cars, gps navigation system, TomTom, tomtom portable gps navigator, tomtom xxl, tomtom xxl 540s, tomtom xxl 540s 5-inch widescreen portable gps navigator, tomtom xxl 540s portable car gps
Got something to say? Click here to reply