Garmin nüvi 265W/265WT 4.3-Inch Widescreen Bluetooth Portable GPS Navigator with Traffic Review
Garmin nüvi 265W/265WT 4.3-Inch Widescreen Bluetooth Portable GPS Navigator with Traffic has both the slim design and reasonable price just like the other nüvi 200 series GPS. It has Bluetooth Technology which allows you to make or receive a phone call hands-free and be updated with traffic that may lie ahead.
It has a 4.3-inch wide backlit touchscreen which makes you see more of your surroundings while you hit the road. It has the most sought-after navigation features while the premium add-ons are being eliminated. It reliably sends you to your desired direction with efficacy and style.
Like all nüvi navigators, this is a reliable Garmin road gadget with fast satellite lock of an integrated receiver which is highly sensitive. It contains detailed NAVTEQ maps.
Through its intuitive interface, it becomes possible for you to easily search for about 6 million points of interest (POI) such as restaurants, stores or hospitals by name.
The model number of the unit is 265W. The letter ‘T’ refers to the additional Traffic Receiver component which is included in the box thus naming the device ‘265WT’.
Integrated Traffic Receiver
Avoid the traffic with nuvi 265WT’s integrated GTM 20 FM traffic receiver which is designed to receive alerts about road construction and traffic tie-ups that might lie ahead on your route. This feature doesn’t need additional hardware to be installed nor does it need subscriptions. Simply open the box, turn it on and immediately get access to traffic updates.
Touching the screen to view traffic details, you’ll be ready to detour around any possible problem area. Should you end up missing a turn, or if you’re forced into an unrelayed detour, the unit’s sophisticated automatic routing will get you back on your route. The traffic broadcast is received through silent FM data channel so it doesn’t interfere with music or news programs on car radio.
Nüvi 265WT has Bluetooth wireless technology with built-in microphone and speaker for hands-free calling. It makes phone conversation comfortable by pairing the device with a Bluetooth-compatible phone and dialing the numbers from nüvi’s touchscreen to make a call. Simply tapping the nüvi’s screen let’s you answer incoming calls.
This device has Text-to-speech feature which automatically calls out specific name of streets. Instead of saying the usual ‘turn right in 200 feet’ alert, it specifically says ‘turn right on Main Street’. This awesome feature allows drivers to have their eyes focused on the road while they are navigating through tricky roadways and heavy traffic.
This GPS Navigator has a ‘Screen lock’ feature which prevents the unit from unintentional touches. Sliding the ‘power’ key to the right locks the screen and the screen goes gray/black after 15 seconds. This also helps in saving battery life. Sliding the ‘power’ key to the center unlocks the screen. This feature is beneficial when the user is in pedestrian mode because the unit doesn’t react to accidental touches when it is in the user’s pocket or purse while in motion
Touching the screen to view traffic details, TMC Clear Channel (optional receiver) alerts you about traffic tie-ups and road construction that lie ahead. The traffic broadcast is received through silent FM data channel so it doesn’t interfere with music or news programs on car radio.
This device has theft prevention system. When a non-owner attempts to use it, the screen asks for 4-digit PIN number which was previously programmed by the owner. Pressing the wrong PIN temporarily disables the device from performing its functions.
Garmin’s nüvi 265WT is preloaded with City Navigator NT North America which covers map data. It contains almost 6 million of points of interest such as restaurants, hospitals, gas stations, etc. The map data is powered by NAVTEQ, a renowned maker of premium-quality digital map data. The City North America NT provides the necessary road data to travel North America as it provides the most detailed street maps which enable you to navigate with accurate road directions.
Garmin’s nüvi 265WT has 4.3-inch backlit wide touchscreen. It displays 70% more screen area than a navigator with only 3.5 inches of screen. The wide screen is beneficial in showing the nearby restaurants, parks, gas stations, ATM machines and the like. It also alerts you when there’s a detour ahead and it has 2D or 3D display.
Designed For Ease
This device is made with a GPS receiver that is highly sensitive for ideal accuracy. It has wide screen for better display and provides ease of operation by controlling the device through its sensitive touchscreen with your fingers. The rechargeable lithium-ion battery is capable of up to 4 hours of power. The SD card slot is great for storing media and additional navigation tools. It also has USB interface for loading data. Aside from navigation tools, Garmin’s nüvi 265WT has JPEG picture viewer, measurement converter, calculator and world travel clock with time zones, currency converter and more.
Below are the pros and cons of the Garmin nüvi 265W/265WT as experienced by its users.
Users’ Positive Comments
- The quality of computer-generated voice in Text-to-Speech feature is superb. It does a good job in keeping you updated.
- The windshield mount and the suction cup are great. The swivel capabilities are good and it lets you view it perfectly no matter where you put it.
- It incredibly acquires less time to acquire satellite. When you turn it on, it’s ready to go in usually 3 seconds.
- The map direction and screen are wonderful. This unit gives perfect directions and the rerouting capability works flawlessly. The screen is clear, bright and easy to navigate.
- The Bluetooth technology is great and phone synched up in about 15 seconds.
- It acquires signal much faster and more effective than other units. It shows 3 green signal bars even in the hotel room.
- This unit can exceed anyone’s expectations. The routing software is much more intelligent than you could have thought.
Users’ Negative Comments
- The picture viewer seems to be a useless feature. It takes much time for the picture to load. This may be due to slow access of SD card slots.
- The traffic receiver feature is bad. It doesn’t detect serious traffic until you are sitting bumper-to-bumper in it.
- This device sometimes says there’s traffic when there’s actually none.
- The unit definitely has problems when the traffic alert is on and it works very slowly when it’s on.
- The map usually has problem showing on the screen. What shows is only the symbol of the car moving in a void background.
- It crashes and reboots itself often when traffic alert is on. It’s better to turn this feature off.
- Even when you are in traffic jam for hours, the unit has no clue. It just keeps popping out advertisements on the screen that can’t be turned off.
5 Stars 47%, 4 Stars 32%, 3 Stars 10%, 2 Stars 4%, 1 Star 7%
Find out more comments and details of the Garmin nüvi 265W/265WT 4.3-Inch Widescreen Bluetooth Portable GPS Navigator with Traffic here.
Bestselling Portable GPS Navigators
Prices are accurate as of April 26, 2017 5:15 pm. Product prices and available are subject to change. Any price and availablility information displayed on Amazon.com at the time of purchase will apply to the purchase of any products.
Certain content that appears on this site comes from Amazon Services LLC. This content is provided 'AS IS' and is subject to change or removal at any time.
Tagged: Car Gps System, featured, Garmin, garmin nuvi, garmin nuvi 265w-265wt, garmin nuvi 265w-265wt 4.3-inch widescreen bluetooth portable gps navigator with traffic, garmin nuvi 265w-265wt portable car gps, garmin portable gps navigator, gps for cars, gps navigation system
Got something to say? Click here to reply